The 4th Energy Commodities Conference was successfully held on Thursday the 10th of May 2018 in GazArte Hall of Art, in Athens. It is important to note that this particular conference has been established not only as the leading business meeting point regarding the Energy Exchanges in Greece, but also as one of the most ambitious and innovative event in the wider region. Hence, foreign markets were represented by exceptional professionals, who attended the conference either as speakers or as participants.
At this year’s call there was an impressive response from companies and executives linked to the Energy Market, as well as from significant industrial energy consumers. As a result, more than 180 executives had a first-rate opportunity to get acquainted with the latest developments, reflect on what steps to take in the future, spend time in professional networking and share their own experiences with others.
The key points of this remarkably interesting conference were:
• The presentation of the representative of LAGIE, Christoforos Zoumas, who attempted to “classify” the elusive information in relation to the establishment and operation of the new Hellenic Energy Exchange under the joint venture of LAGIE and ATHEXGroup.
• The presentation of the representative of European Energy Exchange (EEX), Alexandros Papageorgiou, who analyzed the action plan and product development relating to the Greek market.
• The presentation of the representative of IPTO, Iraklis Skoteinos, who referred to the new Balancing Markets under the newly-formed regime of Hellenic Energy Exchange.
• The presentation of the representative of Heron Group of Companies, Costas Baslis, who examined the current status of the integration of thermoelectric units in the Day-Ahead Scheduling (DAS) as well as the lack of hedging products.
• The presentations of 10+ business experts, who provided valuable insights into advancements in the energy markets of Germany, Italy, Hungary, Croatia, Albania and Bulgaria.
• The two interactive Workshops, which provided attendees an opportunity to interact with the ECC clearing mechanisms as well as acquire information about price drivers on the Italian market.
The conference was sponsored by EΕX. Valuable support was provided by ARRACO, GREEN, HUPX, PHINERGY, GENSCAPE and SALES PROMOTION CENTER. The exhibitors of the Conference were DATA COMMUNICATION, CROPEX and WATTSIGHT.
Visit www.energycommodities.gr to browse photos from the event and download speakers’ presentations.